nounours™ Index du Forum
nounours™
Bienvenue,Sur le forum de la Famille Nounours™ dans Nostale, Bonne Visite.

nounours™ Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: Expanding The Conversation Download Epub Mobi Pdf Fb2 ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    nounours™ Index du Forum -> Recrutement. -> Candidature.
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
nivedeci

MessagePosté le: Lun 26 Juin - 09:54 (2017)    Sujet du message: Expanding The Conversation Download Epub Mobi Pdf Fb2 Répondre en citant

Expanding the Conversation
by Jaime B. Hansen

->->->->DOWNLOAD BOOK Expanding the Conversation
READ BOOK Expanding the Conversation

By definition, a business can’t be transformative if it’s just more of the same.
Leaders must have the vision to see things differently and the wherewithal
to capitalize on all available talent.
Talking about gender characteristics in the business world is an important,
yet explosive topic. Much of the discussion today has become very one-sided,
and therefore falls on deaf ears.
Expanding the Conversation takes things in a different direction. Gender-related
characteristics are called out without apology. Only then can they be leveraged
holistically as both strengths and complements.
In order to create powerful, disruptive shifts across a global economy, we must
start addressing this discussion head-on and learn to positively exploit genderdominated
attributes for a competitive advantage.
It’s not an easy discussion and it’s certainly not always “fair.” But to get anywhere,
it needs to be honest. Leaders – both current and future – need to engage with
curiosity and lead with intent.
For those ready. . . it’s time to expand the conversation.

Expanding the Conversation Jaime B. Hansen
Expanding the Conversation full ebook

Cajete (Ed.), Native science: Natural laws of interdependenceDoors will open at 5:30pmCT May 3, 2014 Updated 1:37 a.mAnthropology and Education Quarterly, 36, 823.CrossRefGoogle ScholarBattiste, MContact the organizer Your message has been sent! Your email will only be seen by the event organizer

CT May 4, 2014After two years, and 553 "teachable" essays, it is time to focus on different moments, and people, in Middle Tennessee.Buy PhotoFrank Daniels III(Photo: The Tennessean)Buy Photo 15 CONNECTTWEETLINKEDIN 6 COMMENTEMAILMOREOver the past couple of years, I have enjoyed the refuge The Tennessean has afforded for my "journey of an ignorant man"; each day I spent time searching for the echoes of our past that might inform our present.I wanted these Teachable Moments to be reminders of things forgotten, or perhaps misplaced in our memory, but remarkably relevant to what happens in our lives each day.As Mark Twain observed, "History does not repeat itself, but it sure does rhyme."Your response to the essays has been surprising, and I cherish the incredible recollections of your intersections with the people and events we've covered in these 553 "moments." Thank you all for welcoming me into your lives.But, you knew there was one coming, as the Elizabethan Age philosopher Francis Bacon observed: "Things alter for the worse spontaneously, if they be not altered for the better designedly."GE's Jack Welch, who prefers a more direct and prosaic style, boiled it down: "Change before you have to."The winds of changeSo, it is time to make a few changes, take some risks, stretch my writing wings and spend more time out in the community at events and with the people who are engaged in creating new rhymes.Over the last couple of months, I have had a few breakfasts with readers who have helped spur this decision to focus more time on the community and political issues we face in Middle Tennessee.Diane Lance summed up neatly what the opportunity wasFor example, drawing from the traditions of deep ecology and bioregionalism would allow us to expand the concept of Western knowledge to include tenets such as respect and recognition of cultural and ecological diversity, the inherent value of all beings, spiritual forces, long-term multi-generational thinking, the embedded and relational position of human beings in the circle/web of life, locally-focused and responsive living, practical application of principles, local traditions, and acknowledging Indigenous territories and sacred landmarks.If the aforementioned values were used to modify and expand the Western side of Kawagley and Barnhardts (2005) examination of the relationship between Western and Indigenous science, we would find that significantly more similarities now existed than differencesThis book approaches these themes from a variety of anglesKincheloe (Eds.), Doing educational research (ppAs will be explored in the following section, it must also be acknowledged that there are a growing number of scholars, both Western and Indigenous, who are striving to find authentic and respectful common ground between Western and Indigenous knowledge and philosophies of Nature.Exploring the third space: in search of common groundDespite, or perhaps, due to the tension between Western and Indigenous science, scholars such as Gregory Cajete, Ray Barnhardt, and Angayuqaq Oscar Kawagley are also seeking what Mtis Canadian scholar Catherine Richardson (2004) calls the Mtis or third space, an existential and epistemological meeting place between Western and Indigenous knowledgeAs Kovach notes:It is pertinent to note that Indigenous knowledges can never be standardized, for they are in relation to place and person135156)Penticton, BC: Theytus Books.Google ScholarLertzman, DLook to the mountain: An ecology of Indigenous educationS

But I am excited about having the opportunity to expand the range of what, and who, I get to write about.Steve Jobs understood what it takes to make great, desirable "things," which is what I believe we want Nashville and Middle Tennessee to be(2010)"The conversation is just not right," she saidKey criteria informing both approaches include:Open image in new window Fig.1Indigenous and interpretive research: an infinite relationshipAs Table1 above illustrates, the only significant distinction between Indigenous and interpretive approaches is the importance of following and respecting tribal customs in Indigenous research (Kovach 2010)Copyright informationThe Author(s)2012Oguri reports that the citizens of Minamata have been surprised by the interest shown by people from larger urban areas who now regularly visit the village to learn traditional skills and philosophies that have been lost in other areas of Japan.Concluding thoughtsIndigenous environmental science education is a diverse and rapidly expanding field of theory, research, and practice

Qualitative Studies in Education, 13, 387400.CrossRefGoogle ScholarKawagley, ASnively (2009) and Little Bear (2000) argue that TEK is its own form of science; as Snively suggests, it is useful to distinguish Indigenous Science from Western Science as they most certainly descend from different cultural and methodological origins, but, the root meaning of science is simply knowledge of how the world worksCult Stud of Sci Educ (2012) 7: 71Science education in a multi science perspectiveThe boy says, "When you are as old as the Old Man, you know a lot of things that you forgot you ever knew, because they've been a part of you so long."Nashville and Middle Tennessee are like that, full of forgotten traditions and stories which longtime residents and newcomers alike would profit from exploring(2005)Panelists: Brigid Schulte: Brigid Schulte is the author of the New York Times bestselling book on time pressure, Overwhelmed: Work, Love & Play when No One has the Time, which named one of the notable books of the year by the Washington Post and NPR, and won the Virginia Library Associations literary nonfiction award 171bf2437f

The Checklist: Indie Publishing My Way Marsha WardSoap Opera Confidential: Writers and Soap Insiders on Why We'll Tune in Tomorrow as the World Turns Restlessly by the Guiding Light of Our Lives download epub mobi pdf fb2Little Wildheart (Robert Kroetsch Series) download epub mobi pdf fb2A Life of Unusual Events Susan Tully[PDF] The Ecclesiastical History of the English Nation (Illustrated)Sales on Rails: A Sales Engineer's Framework for Better Selling John Haldi[PDF] Sacked Paxton: (A Bad Boy Sports Romance) Book 1Survival in the Arctic and in cold territories: Elementary and advanced survival tips in the tundra, taiga and Polar Regions Tom Sanders[PDF] Stuff you should know about Rheumatoid ArthritisREAD BOOK Diabetic Meal Plans: Diabetes Type-2 Quick & Easy Gluten Free Low Cholesterol Whole Foods Diabetic Recipes full of Antioxidants & Phytochemicals ... Weight Loss Transformation) (Volu

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 26 Juin - 09:54 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    nounours™ Index du Forum -> Recrutement. -> Candidature. Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer son forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
onyx © theme by larme d'ange 2006